Global Artist Training in Morecambe
Global Link is hosting a four day training course for artist wanting to introduce the Global Dimension into their work - 13th,14 & 16th,17th June 2013
Global Link and More Music are offering a free, hands-on, fully participatory course for artists who are working, or who would like to work, using artistic styles or themes and issues from around the world in school settings.
Whether you are new to the field or wanting to refresh your skills, this four day course is for you.
Fri 13-14th & 17-18th June 2013 - More Music, Morecambe
Lunch and refreshments provided
- Meet other artists and professionals working in the field
- Understand the 8 key concepts of the global dimension and how they relate to the arts and your work
- Learn about the National Curriculum and some tools that teachers respond to including lesson planning
- Observe experienced global artists deliver workshops and assemblies
- Understand the term creative learning and how this relates to your work
- Work with experienced artists and trainee teachers to plan a session
- Deliver a short session to a class of school children and receive peer feedback on your work
- Lucky Moyo - Zimbabwean singer/songwriter, dancer, and artist
- Misoshi - Ghanaian Freelance artists & storyteller
- Pete Moser - More Music
- Sue Flowers - Green Close and Freelance Artist
- Donna Hurford - University of Cumbria
- Alexander D Great - Calypso singer/songwriter, and artist
- Gisela Renolds - Global Link
- Kerry Kalokoh - More Music
For more information or to book a place, please contact email@example.com
The course is completely free and Global Link can offer a limited number of travel subsidies for artists travelling from the North West.
This project is funded by the Arts Council.