This Twilight course course aims to develop an understanding of British values and how they can facilitate deeper global learning. The course will explore OFSTED’s requirements relating to British Values and SMSC and the relationship between British values and Global values.
British Values Twilight Course for Teachers
Led by Sara Nobili-Park the course is designed for primary and secondary school teachers and Governors.
Course delegates will:
- Critically engage with the concept of values
- Explore and discuss concepts that are often intrinsically linked to "values" such as equality, identity, diversity, discrimination, prejudice and human rights.
- Critically engage with the questions ‘What are British values’, ‘Are they shared by all in Britain?’ and ‘Are they unique to Britain?’ and how these link to an exploration of “Britishness”
- Embed and/or map British Values in the curriculum by making links with Global Learning and the Six Big Ideas.
- Take away examples of practice in relation to school‘s statements on British Values
- Gain understanding of how British Values link in with certain aspects of Global Learning, particularly in relation to Identity and Diversity and Values and methodologies such as Schools-out ‘VisAble Tool’
This workshop will invite participants to critically reflect upon the meaning of
“values” linking it to the notion of Britishness, identity and sense of belonging.
It will also offer delegates some practical guidance and advice on how to incorporate
such understanding in their teaching in order to promote learner’s critical awareness of
“values” and develop skills for learning.
“The training was excellent in that it not only demystified British Values but also provided useful links and ideas to use in the classroom.
”(Head teacher Over Kellet Primary School)
Contact Gisela Renolds at Global Link on 01524 36201 to book the course (£250)