Short Refugee & Asylum Awareness Training for Organisations
This 1-2 hour training session will be delivered by our experienced global education trainers, and will combine a presentation with participatory activities to deliver the following learning outcomes:
It can be co-delivered by a refugee or asylum-seeker for a unique personal perspective. Cost of the training depends on location, membership and number of training deliverers. Please contact Gisela Renolds on 01524 36201 to discuss your requirements.
In-depth Refugee & Asylum Awareness Training
This ½ day training session will give participants a simulated experience of asylum seeking, through a role play delivered by our team of experienced global education trainers and refugees and asylum seekers. Participants will adopt the roles of asylum seekers and refugees as they encounter legal, health, housing, employment and education services. They will gain more direct understanding of the challenges asylum seekers and refugee face in the UK.
The simulation will be followed by a presentation enhancing the learning from the simulation, leading to
• Understanding of where refugees and asylum seekers are coming from, and reasons for flight
• Basic understanding of the legal frameworks and the asylum process
• Understanding of the difference between refugees and asylum seekers
• Understanding of the dispersal system and the resettlement programme
• Understanding of refugee and asylum seeker entitlements, including within services
Building Community Support for Refugees
Cost of the training depends on the location and number of training deliverers and ‘actors’. Please contact Gisela Renolds on 01524 36201 to discuss your requirements or email firstname.lastname@example.org