Refugee and Asylum Seeker Support
Last year we engaged with 329 asylum seekers and refugees in a variety of ways, many of whom regularly attended our weekly Lunch Drop-in.
Since March we have adapted our services and continue to support asylum seekers and refugees in the following ways:
- providing casework support and advice both over the phone and face-to-face, to both asylum seekers and refugees
- supporting asylum seekers with their asylum claims, including onward referral
- finding volunteering opportunities for asylum seekers and refugees
- supporting refugees to access employment
- providing asylum seekers with unlimited wifi
- working with other providers to organise online learning opportunities and well being activities
- holding a weekly online 'conversation space'
- supporting asylum seekers and refugees with mental health issues
- organising outdoor health and well being activities, including cycling, walking and food growing activities
We have also developed the first website 'by refugees, about refugees and for refugees' with advice and guidance www.refugeehome.uk
And an online learning platform with some of the presentations that we used to deliver at our Lunch Drop in www.refugeehome.uk/Globallink