Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning
Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning is a new programme managed by the British Council: www.britishcouncil.org/connecting-classrooms
Connecting Classrooms offers grants to support school partnerships to develop the skills necessary to incorporate Development Education and Global Learning (DEGL) skills and competencies into the curriculum; thus to support young people in taking action on global issues. This can include partnership projects between schools in the UK and schools in other participating countries.
As part of Connecting Classrooms, you can:
- visit a partner school, collaborate and plan how to embed global themes into your curricula.
- strengthen pre-existing partnerships and expand your network.
- equip students with the skills they need to thrive in an increasingly global world.
- take part in fully-funded training for leaders and teachers, face-to-face or online.
- support the international collaboration of young people in their community and play a part in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
In order for schools to derive maximum impact, schools are encouraged and supported to form school clusters, and to co-design creative activities with their pupils that enable students’ participation on global issues within school and the community. However, we recognise that for some partnerships this is not realistic or desirable, for example due to school location.
Gisela Renolds at Global Link is the Local Advisor supporting schools in Lancashire. He can help you to
- plan your project
- apply for funding
- self evaluate
- develop CPD
Please email info[at]globallink.org.uk or call 01524 36201 for support